Technology & Christianity, Part 1

 I have a friend who is really into video editing. He makes movies and short clips that glorify God. He uses technology in a responsible, Godly way. However, there are many people, Christians included, who use technology obsessively, and more of a means of escape than a tool to glorify God. 

I gave a speech about this massive problem at a teaching organization, and in it I pointed out that overuse of the internet, more specifically, social media, steals our attention away from God and his word and focuses it on worldly things. 


Matthew 6:33 says,

"But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you".    

And how can we seek the kingdom of heaven when we are glued to our phones, tablets, and computers? Now obviously, the internet is not inherently bad. I use the internet to spread the gospel, and you reading this right now, so obviously it is not all bad. 

So I will be talking about certain ways the internet may be influencing you, and what we can do to stop it. Be sure to join me again. 

Comments

My Most Popular Posts

KJV-Onlyism: The House Built on the Sand, Part 1

The Scroll Saga: the greatest Christian book series you have probably never heard of